Over the past 80 years, Clemco has grown from a small contractor equipment rental company in California into a global leader in surface preparation blasting solutions for a wide range of customers and industries. The Clemco name was derived from the original location where rental equipment was stored on Clementina Street in San Francisco in 1941 by Al Cleary, the company’s founder. Today Clemco employs more than 130 people and serves customers worldwide through our corporate headquarters and 150,000 square foot research and production center in Washington, Missouri, our international headquarters in Munich and our distribution center in Singapore.
Clementina set out to make its own blasting equipment with design input from its rental customers, which gave birth to a whole new manufacturing and sales division in the early 1950s. Clementina began to use the brand name Clemco and a formed a separate company called Clemco in 1960 that eventually became known as Clemco Industries in 1970.