Super Comet, Comet, and Educt-O-Matic Blasters That Recover and Recycle Media While Containing Dust
Sometimes you don’t need a full-scale blast machine for touchup jobs or quick blasting projects, but you still want to recover media and contain dust. Maybe you’re blasting in a densely populated urban area or at a job site that prohibits open-air blasting, or in a factory without blast cabinets or blast rooms where blasting without containment could damage surrounding equipment and create safety hazards for coworkers.
For these reasons, Clemco offers three portable, closed-circuit blasting solutions that recover and recycle media while containing dust, ensuring high productivity and a safe work environment for your blasting operation.
Super Comet – For Large Jobs
- 1/2–cuft capacity
- Pressure blast system
- For nonmetallic media
- Integral dust collector captures dust into a convenient tray for disposal
- Cart-mounted for easy transportation to and on job sites, as well as for maneuvering into storage on a work trailer, shop floor, or job site
Comet – Powerful yet Compact
- 5 lb capacity
- Suction blast system
- For nonmetallic media
- Dust collector with 14 cotton sateen tubular filters
- Wheel-mounted for mobility
Educt-O-Matic – Handheld for Small Jobs
- 5-cup capacity
- Suction blast system
- For steel grit
- Bag dust-collection system
- Lightweight and handheld
Six Benefits of Clemco Closed-Circuit Blast Systems
Reduce Expenses and Increase Productivity – Automatically Recover and Recycle Media
- Reduce the amount of abrasive you purchase by recycling it instead.
- Blast for extended periods without stopping to refill.
- Minimize abrasive disposal costs.
- Eliminate time operators spend on backbreaking shoveling and sweeping of used media when they could be blasting instead.
Improve Safety and Reduce Dust-Containment Expenses – Automatically Contain Dust While Recovering Media
- Limits dust exposure to operators, coworker, and others in the area.
- Operators do not need to wear respirators or full PPE, reducing operating expenses.
- No need to spend time or money on purchasing, setting up, or breaking down dust containment.
- No anxiety if inspectors show up to check dust levels.
Take on More Jobs – Job Site Versatility
- With Clemco Closed-Circuit Blast Systems, you’re ready for job sites in open-air areas where uncontained blasting is prohibited, such as residential neighborhoods, densely populated urban areas, or many shipyards.
- Clemco Closed-Circuit Blast Systems enable you to safely blast inside a shop, factory, or other enclosed work area that does not have blast cabinets or blast rooms in its facility.
- Blasting in areas where painting or other dust-sensitive work is in progress is no problem.
- Blast at job sites without a large air compressor because Clemco Closed-Circuit Blasters require less air than blast machines.
Take on More Jobs – Application Versatility
- Clemco Closed-Circuit Blast Systems remove corrosion and impurities from a surface before welding on it, improving the strength and appearance of the welds.
- They efficiently clean splatter after welding, which also improves the strength and appearance of welds.
- Operators select abrasive size, abrasive flow rate, and blast pressure on Clemco Closed-Circuit Blast Systems to suit applications ranging from cleaning rust off an auto fender to etching metal, masonry, glass, or other durable surfaces.
- Multiple brushes can be attached to each system’s cleaning head to accommodate different blast surfaces.
- Clemco Closed-Circuit Blast Systems can efficiently touch up a small area without contaminating the rest of the surface with dust or abrasive.
- Quickly finish rework that an inspectors calls out.
Economical Option – Smaller Investment with Greater Mobility Than a Blast Machine
- Ideal for small jobs that don’t justify the time and expense of bringing in and setting up a full-scale blast machine.
- Quickly knock out hard-to-reach areas that a full-scale blast machine could not maneuver into.
- If abrasive blasting, touchup jobs, or quick blasting projects are a small part of your business, a Clemco Closed-Circuit Blast Systems is an economical alternative to have on hand when you need to abrasive blast.
Increase Efficiency – Save Valuable Equipment and Media Storage Space
- Store less media on job sites and haul less there because Clemco Closed-Circuit Blast Systems recycle media onsite.
- Conserve limited storage space on trailers, job sites, and shop floors because Clemco Closed-Circuit Blast Systems have smaller footprints than blast machines, so they are available when you need them without taking space away from other equipment—and not having the right equipment on the job site when you need it can halt work and kill productivity.
Abrasive blasting (formerly known as sandblasting) also is called grit blasting, bead blasting, media blasting, soda blasting, dry blasting, sponge blasting, shot blasting, and shot peening. However, sand should never be used when abrasive blasting because breathing abrasive containing crystalline (free) silica can lead to serious or fatal lung disease.