Clem-Cool Air Conditioner
The Clemco Clem-Cool Air Conditioner (CCAC) allows the blast operator to control the temperature and volume of air to a Clemco high-pressure Type CE continuous flow supplied-air respirator within a preset range and to cool the air by as much as 50 degrees F.
Requirements for Operation
20 cfm at 90 to 100 psi of Grade D quality breathing-air as defined by the Compressed Gas Association Commodity Specification: G-7.1) (www.cganet.com)
Pressure requirements vary with hose length. (hose offered in 25 ft increments) Minimum pressure to produce minimum airflow to respirator.
25 ft – 75 ft 90 psi
100 ft – 200 ft 95 psi
- Maximum air pressure: 100 psi.
- Maximum hose length: 200 ft when used with respirator
Description of Operation
- The Clem-Cool Air Conditioner is placed between the respirator air supply line and the helmet breathing tube. A knurled knob on the valve lets the operator adjust the cooling rate of the air entering the respirator.
- The Clem-Cool Air Conditioner cannot be closed completely, so the operator always has at least the minimum air volume required for breathing and for maintaining positive pressure inside the helmet.
- The CCAC comes with a belt that adjusts to fit up to a 54-inch waist. The durable buckle can be fastened and unfastened with gloved hands.
- A belt-mounted heat shield protects the operator from warm exhaust air (a byproduct of the production of cool air).
- Increases productivity by keeping blast operator cool and comfortable
- Durable construction
- Lightweight NIOSH-approved comfort system
- Certifications and Approvals
- The Clem-Cool Air Conditioner is approved by NIOSH for use only with Clemco Apollo HP high-pressure Type CE supplied-air respirators (not for use with low-pressure respirators).
The Clem-Cool Air Conditioner is one component of a NIOSH-approved system; use of counterfeit parts voids the NIOSH approval.
To maintain NIOSH approval, use only genuine Clemco Apollo replacement parts.