Clemco Bulk Blast Machines are supersized versions of our Classic Blast Machines. We call them Big Clems and design them with Big Clem upgrades and options. This page outlines the standard upgrades and optional features on 60-cuft, 120-cuft, and 160-cuft Big Clems.
- 1.25” piping.
- 150 psi working pressure.
- 2:1 semi-elliptical head—provides more abrasive storage for maximum abrasive capacity.
- Bottom of blast chamber eliminates dead space— freer flow of abrasive.
- Flexible pusher lines and ball valves—simplifies air valve and metering valve maintenance.
- Large 12″ x 16″ manway—permits access to pressure vessel chamber for maintenance service.
- Vertically adjustable bolt-on hitch.
- Hose support bracket—convenient blast hose storage.
- Lifting eyes mounted on vessel—eases transport.
- Union-type media shutoff valves—service individual metering valves while others are operational.
- Generous clearance below vessel—accessibility for valve maintenance.
Auto Quantum Abrasive Metering Valve
- Handles all media—expendable mineral, slag abrasives, steel grit, and more.
- Metering takes place upstream—not at the plunger—eliminating direct exposure to media.
- Does not require urethane or tungsten inserts.
- 45° abrasive feed—assures constant, uniform abrasive flow.
- Easy to operate and requires little maintenance.
- Pressure-hold remote controls—enable operators to independently start and stop blasting.
- Two operator outlets per machine.
- 120-cuft and 160-cuft machines can accommodate three or four outlets.
- Abrasive cutoff system (ACS)—allows work surface blow-off and clearing of blast hose.
- Fail-to-safe, normally-closed design.
- Requires compressed air to open.
Automatic Pop-Up Filling Valve
- With debris screen and swing-open rain cap.
- Ladder allows easy access to pop-up valve for filling.
- Cannot be opened while machine is under pressure.
- Safest option on market—eliminates the potential for injury on units with camlock closures.
Integral 1,600 cfm Moisture Separator and Air Manifold
- Eliminates restrictions that cause airflow loss.
- Supports up to four No. 8 nozzles.
- Provides equal amounts of moisture-free air to each operator. Moisture a naturally occurring by-product of compressed air.
Stationary, Yard Towable, and Highway Towable Models—For All Size Big Clems
- For fixed installation; ideal for industrial applications.
- Flexibility for onsite transfers.
- Easily transport from job site to job site.
- Equipped with four-wheel electric brakes, emergency breakaway switch, high-visibility tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals.
Both Towable Models
- Torsion spring suspension—strength beyond load capacity.
- Rugged trailer assembly—negotiates rough terrain.
- Trailer wheels and tires rated for easily handling load at highway speed.
Suggested for No. 8 nozzles and required for No. 10 and No. 12 nozzles.
Two stations standard. Three or four optional on 120-cuft and 160-cuft models.
Full-Load Lifting Eyes
160-cuft model only.
Includes weatherproof control panel and antifreeze injector capability.
Super-Sack Abrasive Rack
Simplifies and speeds abrasive refills.