NIOSH-Approved, Type-CE Respirators
and a Full Line of Personal Protective Equipment
Your blasting crew encounters countless hazards and challenges every day: inhalation dangers from dust and other contaminates generated by abrasive blasting, possible injuries from overhead objects and rebounding abrasive, fatigue caused by blasting in extreme temperatures, and other risks. Clemco’s line of personal protective equipment (PPE) keeps your operators safe, comfortable, and confident while keeping your abrasive blasting operation compliant with regulations and also profitable. Ensure safety and productivity with Clemco PPE.
Apollo High-Pressure (HP) NIOSH-Approved, Type-CE Respirator Systems
Abrasive blasting is tough and extreme hot or cold temperatures make it even harder. The last distractions your crew needs are uncomfortable respirator systems that get in their way and contribute to fatigue, worry about inhalation risks, or concerns about rebounding abrasives and overhead obstacles that can cause head, eye, or face injuries.
That’s why Clemco offers a full line of high-pressure respirator equipment that helps ensure safe, clean, climate-controlled breathing air, as well as protection for operators’ heads, eyes, and faces. Keep your crew focused and safe, decrease their fatigue, and promote their productivity with Apollo HP Respirator Systems:
- Apollo 600 HP Supplied-Air Respirator – Maximum protection and durability combined with comfort and mobility. Your operators will be confident and comfortable during long and demanding shifts, increasing their productivity.
- Apollo 20 HP Supplied-Air Respirator – For less intense or shorter-duration blasting applications without sacrificing operator safety and comfort, or equipment durability.
- Air Comfort and Control – From constant-flow to heated or cooled air, Clemco offers five options for your operators’ comfort. Decrease operator fatigue with climate-controlled air. They—and you—will breathe easier.
- Breathing-Air Filters – Keeps operators safe and confident with two options of breathing air filters that remove oils and particulates from the air supply of one to four operators.
- CO Monitor-Alarms – Alert operators if carbon monoxide enters their air supply. Three models offered: fixed installation, field portable, and in-helmet.
Apollo Low-Pressure (LP) NIOSH-Approved, Type-CE Respirator Systems
Abrasive blasting is one of many duties your crew takes on, or maybe your operators use low-pressure respirator systems powered by ambient air-pumps rather than high-pressure air compressors. Either way, their safety and comfort matter to you, which is why Clemco offers a full line of low-pressure respirator equipment that provides safe, clean breathing air, as well as protection from rebounding abrasive. Keep your crew productive and focused with Apollo LP Respirator Systems:
- Apollo 600 LP Supplied-Air Respirator – Maximum protection and durability combined with comfort and mobility. Your operators will be confident and comfortable during long and demanding shifts, increasing their productivity.
- Apollo 20 LP Supplied-Air Respirator – For less intense or shorter-duration blasting applications without sacrificing operator safety and comfort, or equipment durability.
- Ambient Air Pumps – For conveying breathing air from a clean-air environment into your operators’ LP respirators. Two options to fit your crew size and the psi requirements of their respirators.
Air-Control Device – Supplies a fixed volume of air at a maximum flow rate to LP respirators.
- In-Helmet CO Monitor-Alarm – Alerts operators if carbon monoxide enters their air supply. Unique, compact design quickly attaches inside the helmet of an Apollo 600 or 20 LP Respirator so that operators can self-monitor if CO is present.
PPE Accessories and Protective Clothing
Comfort and safety increase productivity, which is especially true in a profession as hazardous as abrasive blasting. Help your operators do their jobs safely and more effectively, which helps you run a productive and compliant operation, with Clemco PPE accessories and protective clothing.
- Blast Suits: Heavy Duty and Lightweight – Protect operators from the dangers of rebounding abrasive with traditional heavy-duty and seasonal lightweight blast suits.
- Leather Blast Gloves – Another critical accessory for protecting operators from rebounding abrasive.
- Comfort Vest: Cooling and Warming – Lightweight, one-size-fits-most garment that can be worn underneath an operator’s blast suit or over a laborer’s work clothes, keeping them cool or warm, which helps them focus and remain productive.
- Apollo WiComm2 Bone-Conduction Radio Headset System – Comfortably fits inside a respirator. Facilitates clearer communication with blast operators, which promotes safety and efficiency.
Abrasive blasting (formerly known as sandblasting) also is called grit blasting, bead blasting, media blasting, soda blasting, dry blasting, sponge blasting, shot blasting, and shot peening. However, sand should never be used when abrasive blasting because breathing abrasive containing crystalline (free) silica can lead to serious or fatal lung disease.