The demand for plastic and bicarbonate media blasting increases as new types of coatings and metals introduced into the aerospace, automotive, power generation and other industries create new challenges for delicate parts cleaning. Lightweight plastic and bicarbonate media blasting is replacing chemical stripping and manual cleaning as the ideal method for removing difficult to reach coatings and other substrates while leaving the surface underneath unchanged. Today’s busy production environments require effective plastic and bicarbonate media blasting capabilities that provide fast, consistent, and environmentally safe results.
Our cabinets come in plastic media and bicarbonate soda media model types, each with a versatile range of sizes.
Plastic and Other Non-Aggressive Media Models
- Designed for plastic and other lightweight medias, these cabinets enable blasting at low pressures so the media can work efficiently and be available for re-use.
- An adjustable reclaim system allows for fine-tuning of media reclamation and cleaning to create an optimal working mix critical to lightweight media blasting.
- The work chambers of these cabinets come in four different sizes, ranging from 36” x 35”x 37” to 73” x 35”x 37”.
Bicarbonator – Bicarbonate Soda Media Models
- These cabinets are designed for blasting with Bicarb/Bicarbonate Soda, which is a very fine, water soluble media meant to be used one time for quick and effective clean-off that does not leave media contamination on sensitive parts.
- The HP Bicarbonator models are designed for blasting all day, every day, to maximize efficiency and production.
- The intermittent-use models are designed for less frequent blasting of up to a few hours per day, to maximize the benefits of soda blasting without the cost of a high production system.
- The work chambers of these cabinets come in five sizes range from 42” x 23” x 30” to 50” x 39”x 43”.
Aerolyte Blast Cabinets provide customized lightweight plastic and bicarbonate media blasting solutions that can keep up with the most demanding production schedules and deliver consistent results, all while reducing the need for hazardous chemicals utilization and cleanup. Designed for productivity, performance, operator safety, and ease of use, our cabinets offer numerous advantages including:
- A unique air logic system that delivers the airflow necessary for lightweight plastic and bicarbonate media to clean parts efficiently without damaging the surface.
- Modular components for easy access and replacement during routine maintenance.
- 50W LED lighting for greater visibility inside cabinet while blasting.
- Intuitive controls for ease of operator use.
- Adjustable recovery systems that allow the media to be recovered and reused.
- High performance, reverse pulse dust collection systems that maintains both optimum air flow for better cabinet visibility and media separation through the reclaim process.
- A range of sizes to accommodate varying part sizes and production space constraints.
- High efficiency, ASME coded pressure vessel designed to ensure consistent media flow.
- Sufficient cabinet air flow to prevent hazardous dust from escaping for operator and team safety.
- Safety interlocks to interrupt blasting if the cabinet doors are opened to ensure operator safety.
- Reduced need for hazardous chemicals and waste.
Plastic and bicarbonate media blasting needs can vary greatly from customer to customer. We will work directly with you to develop customized solutions to meet your specific needs for plastic and bicarbonate media blasting and strengthen the overall performance and efficiency of your production operations. Want to learn more?
Abrasive blasting (formerly known as sandblasting) also is called grit blasting, bead blasting, media blasting, soda blasting, dry blasting, sponge blasting, shot blasting, and shot peening. However, sand should never be used when abrasive blasting because breathing abrasive containing crystalline (free) silica can lead to serious or fatal lung disease.